Saturday 11 November 2017

Ways to care for your Mental Health




Hello again guys; today’s post is about a fairly important topic. Mental health is no laughing matter and actually many more people suffer from some form of mental illness than they even realise themselves. Anxiety is a massive issue for many people, myself included and so I think that it’s super important to talk about it and also share some advice, some tips that actually helped improve my life in a variety of ways. All of these little additions to my daily, weekly or monthly routines have really helped shaped my mental health over the past year or so and I really want to make a difference if I can. Raising awareness involves talking about things and I do try to be really honest with whoever reads my blog, so here we are;

Find a hobby

This is probably the one thing that really changed my life. I started this blog (with a different name) back when I was at university and unsurprisingly, like many of my projects back in the day, it got shelved. However, roughly a year afterward I decided to give the blog a major overhaul with a new design, name and focus and I haven’t looked back. I don’t stick to a religious upload schedule but instead I post what I want, when I want. I’ve always loved photography, being creative and reading and this blog represents all of those things. Another hobby is reading; I used to read a lot as a child but had never read as an adult, but I've found that it is a great way to pass some time positively. A hobby can be something as simple as reading on the journey to work, anything that will ultimately help you to relax and bring some enjoyment into some of your free time.

Exercise

This isn’t as scary as it sounds; I’m definitely not the most active of people, but I do try and go for a walk every so often to clear my mind and think freely. I enjoy seeing the cityscape and noticing changes across the landscape as I walk. Often, I'll take some photographs of the landscape as I walk to remind myself of why I enjoy seeing the world and how it can change in just a few months or years. Having a good walk does help you to reflect on life and think about the changes you can make to improve how you feel about your life, too. If I'm walking alone I like to put headphones in and listen to music to create a kind of rhythm between my body and my mind.

Talk to people

There is always someone out there who will listen to you; even as an adult I constantly have to remind myself that it is not about how many friends I have, it's how many of them are great friends to me. I don't tell people how I feel often enough, although I'm slowly learning to talk about how I feel much more often, even if talking involves saying that I’m not feeling my best via blog post or tweet; that is much better than simply ignoring how I feel. It’s so important to be aware of how you feel and telling someone, anyone that you’re having a problem is the only way that you can start to rebuild yourself and take control of the negative thoughts and feelings.

Let it all out

Life isn't easy and every person struggles at some point. The important thing is to remember that someone cares about you. If you don't want to talk to someone, write your feelings down in a diary or on a laptop then simply forget about it; the idea is to let it out without involving another person if you don't want to, so you can be as personal as you'd like and no one has to know if you don't want them to.

Just Breathe

It sounds like an easy thing, but sometimes stress and feeling down affect your physical health too; it is so important to take the time to simply breathe. When I'm not feeling my best I try to count to ten carefully breathing in and out to regulate my breathing and stop a panic attack arising. Sometimes without even realising you don’t breathe properly and it is seriously important to think about your physical health as equally important as your mental health as they work together; you have to look after yourself in every way, not just one way.







34 comments:

  1. This is so important. Although it's its getting better, mental illness is still such a taboo subject and talking about it like this is great! Writing and being creative on my blog has actually helped me a lot, it really works as a calming mechanism. Thanks for the great tips!
    LoneTeenTraveller | Travel Fashion Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much for reading and commenting! I agree, blogging has been so good for me in terms of learning that it’s ok to talk about mental health, there’s definitely a taboo, although it is getting better, there’s still a long way to go, sadly. But at least it’s improving, that’s a start at least. Creativity is key to calming I think! :) Rachel xx

      Delete
  2. Their fundamental point is to give proceeded with, high caliber and moderate human services to individuals particularly those with less assets. As a matter of fact, one in each fifteen individuals living in the United States depends on their administrations. https://stdauthority.com/irving-texas-std-testing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to believe but true: we're last in life expectancy; we have the highest rates of obesity, infant mortality, low birth weights, heart disease, diabetes, chronic lung disease, homicide rates, teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases.this site

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can at least contribute to the discussion by describing some of its troubles, taking reasonable guesses at their causes, and outlining some general principles that should be applied in attempting to solve them. lien Web

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today we're going to talk about three myths I hear most commonly. Not everybody believes these myths, but enough do, and others are unsure what to believe, so it warrants dispelling these myths now. homeopathic remedies for flu in children

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why does health care fraud appear to get the 'lions-share' of attention? https://legalsteroidsbestbook.jimdo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Usually, mental health is being overlooked since it doesn't show apparent signs. But, as much as possible, drinking Apple Cider Vinegar could help decrease the symptoms

    ReplyDelete
  10. With the economy the way it is right now if you are going to buy anything you should be buying it at a discount.5 kg diet

    ReplyDelete
  11. When you read this guide, you’ll learn more about Rick Simpson, the science behind RSO, its possible benefits, where to buy it, how to use it, and the legality of doing http://www.simpson-oil.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. Speak Easy Therapy

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lot of people are suffering from mental illness, but it is not apparent since it doesn't have physical symptoms. This article is a good information provider for those who are subtly looking for help to make themselves better. More info

    ReplyDelete
  14. Closer to home, England's campaigning advocates of recovery, rethink say, "Recovery can be defined as a personal process of tackling the adverse impact of experiencing mental health problems, despite their continuing or long-term presence. Used in this sense, recovery does not mean "cure""http://www.mentalismminds.com/how-to-become-a-mentalist/

    ReplyDelete
  15. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here! best drug and alcohol treatment facilities

    ReplyDelete
  16. We at Inventive Infosys are creating a Brand name and space online by helping bring other Business’s Ideas into Reality. We are here to cater to the needs of various sized Business Houses, helping them to establish their presence and Identity across the Global. We are here to help design, build and promote your website(s), software(s), Mobile applications, etc. Click here online web development

    ReplyDelete
  17. We at Inventive Infosys are creating a Brand name and space online by helping bring other Business’s Ideas into Reality. We are here to cater to the needs of various sized Business Houses, helping them to establish their presence and Identity across the Global. We are here to help design, build and promote your website(s), software(s), Mobile applications, etc. Click here Mobile App Development company

    ReplyDelete

  18. Roll design and surface finishing is our strength. Chromium Industries is an experienced industrial supplier and reconditioner in all types of rolls.We handle all types of equipment up to 40 feet long … 50 tons in weight … and 9-foot diameter rolls. Of course we work on all sizes of rolls as well.
    We design rolls for industrial applications. We engineer and fabricate new rolls to work for your existing system. We finish or recondition your existing rolls. We do precision industrial hard chrome plating and surface finishing “in house”. We work from prints, existing pieces, and your specifications. Click here Roll Fabrication

    ReplyDelete
  19. CS Mechanical is a dedicated HVAC business with over a half a century of experience in taking on light to heavy commercial jobs. Our business was built on honesty, quality and reliability. Visit Here rooftop repair in chicago for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kingsberry Waffle House provides freshly baked, delicious and convenient waffles around Chicago. It is combination of good food with outstanding service from 1990. For over 30 years Kingsberry Waffle House has been serving the first meal of the day to the Chicagoland area. We make our food fast, fresh and with a kick of nostalgia. Find out more Lunch in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ford Willoughby have worked successfully with individuals and families. My experience encompasses work with a wide range of problems from the more severe, such as schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, and major depression, to more common complaints that affect one’s quality of life. These include relationship issues at home or the office, bereavement, guilt, self-esteem, depression and anxiety, and career planning, as well as issues of behavioral excess such as addictive behavior and therapists in oak park.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... mental daily

    ReplyDelete
  23. The solution Nixon and his advisers found was to campaign against crime, which most Americans quite falsely equated with minorities. So what if the crime rate was really declining, Americans seem to always believe that crime is increasing in the same way they appear to always blame it on cultural or racial outsiders. Legacy Healing Delray Beach

    ReplyDelete
  24. You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! ultra fast keto boost weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  25. Recuperating and restoring can mean something very similar or can be two distinct recognitions. On the off chance that you are recuperated of a disease or unevenness, at that point you never again have the sickness or lopsidedness this is equivalent to stating you are restored. health benefits for turmeric

    ReplyDelete
  26. An evaluation of two brands of hoodia tea and discussion concerning hoodia tincture. Royal CBD oil

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think this web site has got very fantastic indited written content articles . https://royalcbd.com/product/cbd-salve/

    ReplyDelete
  28. The health and wellness potential of CBD oil is explained by its ability to interact with the receptors of your endocannabinoid system. It's the interaction between the messengers and receptors of this essential communication network that influences nearly every function in your body, including pain perception and healthy skin function. https://www.weednews.co/best-cbd-oil/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I’ve been surfing online more than 5 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours without a doubt. It’s pretty worth enough for me. Thanks... livre diabete type 2

    ReplyDelete
  30. This strain is appreciated for its medicinal value, and is often used for hash production.
    This makes XXX OG an excellent remedy for sleeplessness, and severe cases of nausea and chronic pain may benefit from the potent effects of this indica. Brian Berry Honey Lemon, bred by MzJill Genetics Moser Seeds, crosses Quantum Kush with Brian Berry Surprise https://nobullshitseeds.com/agent-orange-seeds/

    ReplyDelete
  31. To increase the market share, companies are constantly investing in R&D. The positive results of this extensive R&D and strategic partnerships can help the companies gain a significant boost in the emerging field of radiotherapy. radiotherapy position

    ReplyDelete
  32. towards external rays (photons or high-energy electrons) are emitted in a beam by a machine (called "linear particle accelerator" or "accelerator") located near the patient, but through the skin to reach the tumor. External radiation therapy is the most common and uses standard techniques. Houston Tx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I was exceptionally satisfied to discover this site.I needed to thank you for this extraordinary read!! I certainly getting a charge out of each and every piece of it and I have you bookmarked to look at new stuff you post https://schmerzmittel-shop.com/product/amitriptylin/

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan