Monday 29 May 2017

Happy Things #22

 


1. The first day of this week is a bank holiday Monday, so naturally I'm super happy about that as it means a day off for me; I'm still getting my head around getting them off now as I never have done before. I've got no plans, but sometimes it's nice to just chill out and recharge your batteries.

2. To start off a good week I've had a cheeky plate of pancakes for brunch, which has completely broken my attempt at a diet but that's ok. Pancakes always make me feel happy and a bank holiday is the best excuse to have a bit of a day off the diet (which isn't going that well anyway).

3. I've got a long week at work this week, but I'm planning to get through it by reading and blogging to empty my mind of any stress that will inevitably come out of me towards the end of the week. 

4. Although I'm not the biggest fan of the hot weather as the heat makes me feel a bit overwhelmed, but I do like the sunnier, longer days that come with summer. During the week I'm going to try and go on several walks down by the river as it really calms me down and empties my mind of any stress. It's so important to take some time out and have some me time every so often.

5. My mental health is definitely doing fairly well at the moment, actually much better than it's been for several years. I think I've finally found some ways to try and combat the bad thoughts with little rituals that really work for me. Taking life a step at a time has really helped and I'm looking forward to enjoying the rest of the year now.


 

2 comments:

  1. I love your Happy Things posts, they make me smile so much and I've started to list all the things that have made me happy too. It's really therapeutic and helps put things in perspective when my mental health isn't so great. Also, I am definitely craving pancakes now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely! It's such a good way to think positively when life is throwing the crap at you! Pancakes fix all problems, I promise! :D. Xx

      Delete

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan