Monday 25 July 2016

Let's talk seriously for once..

 



Hello, again.
This time I want to talk about something that's quite important to me, but it's a little more serious than usual. Mental Health is something that I've struggled with for as long as I can remember, which is a bit scary to sit down and acknowledge. As an example, some days I'm so happy it completely engulfs me and makes me impossible to be around, I'm too hyper. But on the flip side, I'll be a crying, shrieking mess that can barely move or bear to get out of bed. My life is like a tightrope of emotions that fight each other to be in control and if I'm honest the thought of facing it gives me a headache most of the time.

However, as I get older I'm becoming more aware of what I need to do to look after myself, like taking time out for myself, seeing friends or even something as simple as taking my dog for a walk. I guess what I'm getting at is that I've realised that I can be severely self destructive and I'm learning to recognise the symptoms of a come down, or a major high. I suppose that this highlights how important it is to look after yourself and put yourself first, without being selfish, it's almost a survival technique. I also suffer with ridiculously high anxiety, which can be difficult to deal with as well, as overthinking is actually more stressful then it sounds.

So, to summarise this slightly random post; always make sure that your main focus is yourself, because ultimately if you don't look after yourself there's not many people who could or would be willing to. For example, you have family but they work and do other things, likewise with friends. You have to learn to balance your own life, whether that's finding a new hobby, taking some time off or just somehow ploughing on through life in the hopes that it will all be ok in the end. (I prefer the last option, but that's just me). Perhaps none of this makes any sense and it's all a bit strange, so sorry for that. Let me know if this made any sense, I'll be posting again soon. I'm trying to keep up this hobby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan