Thursday 8 June 2017

Beauty Blogger Tag

 


Hello again guys! I love finding these little tags and/or Q&As on other bloggers pages; they're super fun and easy to complete and I feel like I get to know the blogger quite well when I read them. This particular tag I found through youcancallmecaz so make sure you have a look at her blog as she's lovely and her blog is so interesting; she's one of my favourites at the moment. Although I blog about a variety of topics, I do love beauty so it made sense for me to do this tag. To any new blogger, I would recommend getting involved in the community and completing some tags as it's an excellent way of not only meeting other bloggers, but also it's an extra post if you're feeling uninspired. I don't have anyone in mind to tag to complete this next, but if you're reading this and want to complete it, go ahead! Now, read on to see my answers to these questions and let me know if you like these kinds of blog posts in the comments and have a lovely day! :)


Do you have any fashion or beauty icons? Who?!
When I was younger I was ridiculously obsessed with fashion and beauty to the point that I used to collect a variety of magazines like Vogue, i-D, LOVE, etc. Which not only gave me inspiration but also influenced me massively. My bedroom wall when I was a teenager was covered with scraps from newspapers and magazines. Overall my icons are Audrey Hepburn, Lily Cole, Alexa Chung, Cara Delevingne, Brigette Bardot and Twiggy, to name literally only a few. Now, I'm a little more open to the everyday girl and often get inspiration from YouTube; beauty looks in particular are super easy to find and follow on there.

Beauty pet peeve?
I don't really have any; (I think that Caz had a similar opinion) beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder, although there are some weird trends like fluffy nails and using food and things to blend make up which I wouldn't do, but I don't ever look at someone's make up and think ugh that looks awful, I think an individual knows what suits them and what doesn't.
Would you rather wear no makeup for the rest of your life or makeup everyday (but you can't take it off when going to bed)
This is hard. I love make up, but in the last year I've definitely become much more confident in my own skin to the point that I wear make up much less now; I'll choose no make up as not taking it off would absolutely ruin my skin so... As much as I'd miss wearing make up, I would prefer clear skin.
Do you have any tips or tricks makeup/cosmetic wise?
One trick I always swear by is using a crayon concealer before primer, then liquid concealer after foundation; it never fails to cover up my huge dark circles!
Do you only buy cruelty-free makeup and if so why?
I tend to buy whatever I like in the drugstore; although as I'm getting older I'm more aware of animal cruelty and actually I was a strict vegetarian when I was younger, so I should really be more active in that sense. I'm thinking that I should buy more products from Lush and The Body Shop as they sell amazing make up that is cruelty free, but they're a little out of my budget too, unfortunately.
What do you consider to be your worst moment beauty-wise?
It has to be when I was in sixth form when I massively overplucked my eyebrows so that they were tiny, plus literally putting so much foundation on that they were practically invisible... It really was NOT a good look.
Skincare or Makeup?
Overall I prefer make up, you can't beat a bit of eyeliner and mascara paired with red lipstick, but at the same time... Skincare is getting more attention in my life now, as I do suffer from blotchy skin. If I don't moisturise or cleanse I definitely can feel my skin suffering. When you're a teenager you don't really take much care of your skin (I know I didn't, anyway) and it's something that haunts you when you reach your twenties. Right now, skincare and make up are definitely becoming more equal than I would've ever thought, but that's not a bad thing.


 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! Over plucking your eyebrows...I remember those days. I think every girl did that in middle/high school. I seriously wish I had a time machine where I could go back in time and steal my tweezers from my bathroom cabinet so I couldn't touch them.

    xo

    Bobbi
    http://www.bobbihearts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)
      Trust me you have no idea how much I'd love to go back in time and stop myself from overplucking ahaha, but I guess that's something we've all learnt with age. Glad you liked the post! Much love, Rachel xxx

      Delete

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan