Thursday 1 June 2017

May Favourites

Hello again everyone, I honestly don't know where this month (in fact, this year) has gone too! Literally it feels like it could still be March but apparently it's almost June, half the year has almost disappeared right under my nose! Now, I'm loving this warmer weather with its brighter skies (the humidity not so much) as well as the items you'll see in the photographs below. I've read so many books in the past few months but my top two for this month have to be The Muse and A Year of Marvellous Ways as although they're very different, both of them exceeded my expectations to the point that I cannot recommend them enough! My boyfriend bought me the Valentina perfume for Christmas and I've been in love with it ever since; it's such a lovely feminine and floral scent in a classy bottle. Similarly, he bought me the Vera Wang perfume for my birthday and I absolutely adore the smell of pink grapefruit; I've been spritzing so often I know that I'll probably end up buying another one when it's all used up! I've been in love with Marc Jacobs perfumes for years now, the Blush and Sunshine editions are super feminine, pink and floral. I use them not only for my go to perfumes, but also for blog photographs so they're basically multi purpose.

Make up wise, I'm in love with the MakeUp Revolution Fortune Favours the Brave palette as it's not only super affordable, but looks stunning in my blog photographs as well as great on the skin. There's so many shades and colours to create many different looks that I think it suits all skin tones. I'm a massive lover of red lipstick as it really makes my lips pop against my pale skin tone; ever since I purchased Ruby Woo by MAC I've loved it, although I find it's more drying in the lips than my absolute favourite, the Blake Lively red for L'Oréal does. That said, I've been wearing them both so much this month and I felt super glamourous whenever I wore them. I've also found the lightest foundation ever, it literally matches my ghostly complexion so well, so kudos to L'Oréal for that. Plus, it lasts all day even in the sun so I know it's going to be one of those products that I'll be repurchasing after lots of use. Real Techniques are definitely my favourite brushes, I use them all the time and I've recently bought some more eye specific brushes that have really improved the application of my eye make up. In terms of highlighter, I'm loving the MUA highlighters at the minute as they're so affordable and so incredibly pigmented, they look so expensive on the skin. Lastly, I'm loving the NYX liquid lipsticks in the Suede Sandstorm and the Matte Lip Cream in London; both of them are nude shades but they feel so nice on the lips and work well for both night and day looks. I'm looking forward to what I'll love for June already, let me know what you loved in May through the comments! :)


 


Valentino Valentina Acqua Floreale - MAC in Ruby Woo - MUA Undress Your Skin in Pink Shimmer - MUA Undress Your Skin in Irredescent Gold -  L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Collection Exclusive Lipstick in Pure Red Blake Lively


 


The Muse by Jessie Burton - Princess of Hearts by Vera Wang - Daisy Dream Blush by Marc Jacobs - Hand Cream by Ted Baker


 


NYX Liquid Suede in Sandstorm - NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London - Real Techniques Expert Eye Brushes - Real Techniques Contour Brush from the Berlin kit -  L'Oréal Paris 24hr Infallible Foundation in Porcelain


 


A year of Marvellous Ways by Sarah Winman - Daisy Blush by Marc Jacobs - Daisy Eau So Fresh Sunshine by Marc Jacobs - Hand Cream by Ted Baker - Fortune Favours The Brave eyeshadow palette by MakeUp Revolution


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan